Zwirtz Family Vision
“Generations of Warriors Contending at the Gate”
Psalms 127 - A Song of degrees for Solomon. Except the LORD build the house, they labor in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain. It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: for so he giveth his beloved sleep. Lo, children are a heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of one’s youth. Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.
The Zwirtz Family Purposes:
· To train up generations of God fearing Zwirtz’ that are Giants in influence, character, and commitment to advance the Kingdom of God on this earth.
· To create a generational family – to place high value upon the wisdom and teachings of our ancestors that we may learn from their accomplishments and mistakes.
· That each generation will strive to guarantee that their children and their children’s children will know Christ as Lord, the Sovereignty of His Holy Scripture, and the revelation of His Holy Spirit.
· To follow the biblical model of a patriarchal family. The father being Priest and Leader of the household, involved in the daily care and training of the children. The mother being Keeper at Home, focused on the care and management of the home and children, striving to be a true Proverbs 31 Woman.
The Zwirtz Family Values:
- Intimate relationship with Him achieved through prayer, praise, and Bible study
- Holy Scripture as the Infallible Word of God
- Tithe and Offerings
- Moving and leading of the Holy Spirit
- Source for all things
- Honoring the Lord’s Day by Church attendance
- Involvement and leadership in our local body
- Lifelong commitment of one man and one woman as the foundation of the family
- Siblings as best friends
- Family Worship
- Family Fun Time
- Children are a blessing from God
- Strong Inter-dependant, multi-generational Family ties
- Home schooling
- Reading as the foundation of knowledge
- Math as the view into God’s Universe
- History as a picture of God’s hand in Time
- Writing as a method of passing on God’s revelation to later generations
- Taking a Stand for what is Godly. Going against what is reasonable and acceptable in favor of what is Right
- Respect for Elders
- That sharpen us and hold us accountable
- With like ideals and beliefs
- Honorable treatment of those who labor with us